The 101 Year Old Veteran

Today was a very interesting day. I didnt go to Mr. Rease's class today because Colonel Brady, my JROTC instructor, picked me and a few others to go listen to a 101 year old veteran. This was a once in a lifetime experience that I wanted to take advantage of. He told us about his experiences in fighting wars and how times today are much different than times were back then. He was able to accomplish many things in his life despite the odds stacked against him. An example is how he started businesses as an African-american when the country was still segregated. He gave us motivation to push on in life because we can really accomplish anything. I am very grateful that I was able to be there with him today.

Comments

  1. I bet that was a very cool thing to experience. I find stories like that as a testimony of the things our ancestors had to over come. Our race has come along way.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Three Body Paragraphs

Reading AP Essays

The Argumentative Essay